Mahmud Mossa-Basha, MD
University of Washington
Associate Professor for Neuroradiology
|Ryan Peterson, MD|
|Cynthia Wu, MD|
Edward Escott, MD
University of Kentucky
This three-day General Neuroradiology Course, led by noted author David M. Yousem, includes the four domains of neuroradiology in brain, spine, head and neck and pediatric neuroimaging. The material will be nearly exclusively centered on CT and MR imaging with advanced application techniques. General disease categories of vascular, inflammatory, demyelinating, traumatic, degenerative, neoplastic, congenital, and metabolic diseases of the CNS and the head and neck in adults and children will be covered with case material. Four 30 minute lectures each day will introduce common themes for differential diagnoses and lay the groundwork for extensive time devoted to reviewing a library of cases ranging in difficulty and disease type. Attendees can personalize their course by selecting more cases from one subspecialty area than another to remedy perceived weaknesses.
Improve understanding of:
- Provide limited relevant differential diagnoses for masses in different regions of the brain, spine, and head and neck
- Prioritize imaging studies and provide pertinent imaging features that will guide therapy in patients with strokes or other vascular lesions of the brain or spine
- Correctly utilize the terms accepted by the American Society of Neuroradiology for describing degenerative spondylotic disease of the cervical and lumbar spine
- List imaging features that help clinicians provide accurate TNM staging of head and neck cancers
- Differentiate among the many causes of sensorineural and conductive hearing loss through neuroimaging
- List features that distinguish the various cysts of the head and neck
Please note: This course will offer the optional Workstation Refresher session at 7:00am on the first day of the course. Those who attend this session will receive one additional CME credit.
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 100 cases will receive a Certificate of Completion in Neuroradiology.
Full refunds, less a $250 administrative fee will be granted in response to written cancellation notifications received no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course. Notification of cancellation less than 14 days will be granted with a $500 administrative fee. No refund of any amount will be made for “no-shows” or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the course.
Course Transfer Policy:
Transfers are permitted within Education Center meetings. Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to the course will be assessed a $250 administrative fee. All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing. Only one transfer will be permitted per registration, additional transfers will be charged a fee of $250.
Late registrations received within four days of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Members-in-Training: additional $250).