|Juan Batlle, MD|
Radiology Associates of South Florida
Director of Thoracic Imaging, Baptist Health of South Florida
and Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute
|To Be Determined|
This two-and-a-half-day introductory course is designed to optimize clinical practice skills by providing intense training in interpreting cardiac MR examinations under the supervision of expert faculty. Participants have access to over 150 cardiac MR cases for review. Post-processing techniques and interpretation will be emphasized. The course also covers technical considerations for acquiring optimal examinations. No previous experience with cardiac MR is expected or required.
Improve understanding of:
- Normal cardiovascular anatomy and normal anatomic variants.
- The spectrum of ischemic and non-ischemic cardiomyopathies, including function, rest and stress perfusion and viability.
- Evaluation of pericardial constriction, cardiac masses, valvular disease, pulmonary veins and cardiac shunts.
- New techniques such as time-resolved angiography, coronary MRA, advanced phase contrast applications, and stress perfusion.
- Imaging manifestations of cardiovascular disease, and the complementary role of MRI to echocardiography, CT and cardiac catheterization in therapeutic decision-making.
- The technical basis of cardiovascular MRI, including hardware requirements, sequence selection and optimization, and technical limitations.
- Post-processing techniques for functional, flow and angiographic evaluation.
- Provide a forum for sharing knowledge of ongoing technical and clinical developments in the field of Cardiovascular MRI.
Please note: This course will offer the optional Workstation Refresher session at 7:00am on the first day of the course. Those who attend this session will receive one additional CME credit.
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 150 cardiac MR scans will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guideline for Performance and Interpretation of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Full refunds, less a $250 administrative fee will be granted in response to written cancellation notifications received no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course. Notification of cancellation less than 14 days will be granted with a $500 administrative fee. No refund of any amount will be made for “no-shows” or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the course.
Course Transfer Policy:
Transfers are permitted within Education Center meetings. Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to the course will be assessed a $250 administrative fee. All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing. Only one transfer will be permitted per registration, additional transfers will be charged a fee of $250.
Late registrations received within four days of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Members-in-Training: additional $250).