Sold Out – Waitlist Available – To be added to the list, please call 800-373-2204 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. If you are located outside of the United States or Canada, please call 703-648-8900.
Christopher Comstock, MD, FACR
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Attending Radiologist
Director, Breast Imaging, Postgraduate Training & Education
Michael Linver, MD, FACR
X-Ray Associates of New Mexico, P.C. (Retired)
Director of Mammography
David Schacht, MD, MPH
University of Chicago Medical Center
Associate Professor of Radiology
Section Chief, Breast Imaging
Assistant Program Director, Radiology Residency
|To Be Determined|
This course is designed to provide practicing radiologists with an intensive, hands-on experience to breast imaging. Throughout the three-day program, participants will develop their interpretive expertise in the evaluation of mammography studies through hands-on interpretation of over 240 digital screening, diagnostic mammograms and digital breast tomosynthesis cases at their own individual Hologic digital workstation. Participants will enhance their perceptive skills with direct assistance from a panel of expert radiologists. In addition, interventional workshops will be available in breast ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy. Specific instruction in the use and application of computer-aided techniques will also be provided.
Participants of this course will utilize a Hologic workstation.
This course satisfies the following MQSA and ACR accreditation requirements:
- Re-establishing continuing experience requirements of the MQSA which requires radiologists to have interpreted or multi-read, under direct supervision of a qualified interpreting physician, at least 240 mammographic examinations
- Initial qualifications for Full Field Digital mammography (FFDM) under MQSA
- Continuing education requirements for stereotactic breast biopsy
- Continuing education requirements for ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- This course meets the eight hours of initial training in breast tomosynthesis as required by the FDA
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Utilize perception skills for detection of cancer at digital mammographic screening
- Interpret digital mammographic screen-detected findings
- Demonstrate skills to minimize the call-back rate for normal/benign findings at mammographic screening
- Conduct interventional workshops for stereotactic- and ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Recognize diagnostic work-up of screen-detected findings and symptomatic patients
- Incorporate DBT into clinical practice and case read out
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 240 digital mammography examinations will be awarded a Certificate stating the actual number of mammographic examinations read under the direct supervision of an interpreting physician, which will count towards meeting the physician interpretive requirements for MQSA qualification and certification maintenance.
Full refunds, less a $250 administrative fee will be granted in response to written cancellation notifications received no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course. Notification of cancellation less than 14 days will be granted with a $500 administrative fee. No refund of any amount will be made for “no-shows” or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the course.
Course Transfer Policy:
Transfers are permitted within Education Center meetings. Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to the course will be assessed a $250 administrative fee. All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing. Only one transfer will be permitted per registration, additional transfers will be charged a fee of $250.
Late registrations received within four days of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Members-in-Training: additional $250).