Nafi Aygun, MD
Johns Hopkins University
Division of Neuroradiology
Professor of Radiology
Course FacultyTo Be Determined
This three-day Head and Neck Neuroradiology Course, conducted by Course Director Dave Yousem, MD, MBA, will address all the difficult anatomy and pathology of the head and neck. The material will include predominantly CT and MR imaging with advanced application techniques also applied to ultrasound and PET/CT. Emphasis will be placed on the TNM staging of cancers of the aerodigestive system, the intricate anatomy of the sinonasal cavity, lesions that arise from and cross the skull base, and deep space tumors of the neck. Plus discover the most common sources of anxiety: lesions of the temporal bone, the brachial plexus and the teeth. Attendees will learn the appropriate work-up of incidental thyroid nodules, enlarged lymph nodes and cysts in the head and neck. This is the definitive course that will shore up a weak area in nearly every radiologist's repertoire. Sixteen 30-minute lectures will create the foundation for reviewing over 180 head and neck cases during this 3-day seminar. Return home the superstar of neuroradiology of head and neck imaging.
- Improve reporting of head and neck cancer imaging studies through familiarity with the AJCC TNM staging system
- Provide a concise differential diagnosis of red and white retrotympanic middle ear masses
- Describe sinonasal and osteomeatal complex inflammatory disease in a way that assists the endoscopic sinus surgeon and highlights potential and existent complications
- Describe the role of ultrasound, fine needle aspiration, and PET/CT in the work-up and follow-up of masses in the neck
- Locate an extramucosal mass in the head and neck in a fascia- lined space and provide a limited differential diagnosis for lesions in that space
- Differentiate among the common cysts and solid masses arising from the teeth
Please note: This course will offer the optional Workstation Introduction session at 7:00am on the first day of the course.
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 100 cases will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Neuroradiology of the Head and Neck.
Full refunds, less a $250 administrative fee will be granted in response to written cancellation notifications received no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course. Notification of cancellation less than 14 days will be granted with a $500 administrative fee. No refund of any amount will be made for “no-shows” or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the course.
Course Transfer Policy:
Transfers are permitted within Education Center meetings. Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to the course will be assessed a $250 administrative fee. All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing. Only one transfer will be permitted per registration, additional transfers will be charged a fee of $250.
Late registrations received within four days of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Members-in-Training: additional $250).