Stefan Zimmerman, MD
Johns Hopkins Medical Institution
Associate Professor of Radiology
Amar Shah, MD
North Shore, Long Island Jewish Health System
Cardiac & Thoracic Imaging
|To Be Determined|
This 2 day course focuses on the rapidly developing field of structural heart disease. Led by Amar Shah, MD and Stefan Zimmerman, MD, the course will provide physicians with essential background on the disease process and the central role cardiac CTA and vascular CTA have in the treatment planning process for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) therapies. The course provides an individual, “hands-on” experience with a case simulator to teach physicians how to accurately acquire and interpret cardiac and vascular CTA cases performed during the planning process for TAVR in both routine and challenging scenarios.
Attendees should have prior experience in reading Cardiac CT and familiarity with their specified workstation.
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify relevant anatomy and variants
- Recognize the role of cardiac and vascular CTA in the planning process for structural heart disease
- Understand how to obtain cardiac and vascular CTA measurements for valve sizing using advanced workstations
- Identify how to successfully image patients in challenging clinical scenarios (i.e. arrhythmia and renal dysfunction)
- Recognize imaging features that may impact successful placement of the valve
- Know how the data is used in the treatment process and how to be a key member of the structural heart team.
Please note: This course will offer the optional Workstation Introduction session at 7:00am on the first day of the course.
Attendees who complete a minimum of 50 cases will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Performing TAVR
Full refunds, less a $250 administrative fee will be granted in response to written cancellation notifications received no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course. Notification of cancellation less than 14 days will be granted with a $500 administrative fee. No refund of any amount will be made for “no-shows” or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the course.
Course Transfer Policy:
Transfers are permitted within Education Center meetings. Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to the course will be assessed a $250 administrative fee. All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing. Only one transfer will be permitted per registration, additional transfers will be charged a fee of $250.
Late registrations received within four days of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Members-in-Training: additional $250).